Location: Mission Hills
Project: Residential Restoration
After many years of good memories, historic homeowners in Mission Hills, CA were ready to have a refreshed look with more space. Rather than expand their 2,000 square foot Arts & Crafts style home, they decided to add a companion guest house to better accommodate frequent visits by friends and family.
ZMK Construction was hired for a complete exterior restoration, design-build and interior design.
• A complete exterior “rehabilitation” of 2,000 square foot historic home.
• Addition of a 2-story, 1,400 square foot companion guest house
• Master bedroom on second floor
• One bedroom, one bathroom on first floor
• Luxury garage
• Full design and landscape of residential gardens, including elegant and private breezeway between houses.
• Interior design elements that balance craftsman architecture with contemporary accents.
• Compliance with San Diego Historic Board secretary of interior standards.
Although the homeowners intended for their new addition to be a place for visitors, they loved it so much they made it their primary residence. A place to make more memories with their growing family.
Built in 1913, this vintage home in Mission Hills, San Diego has been reimagined, remodeled, and redesigned.